Migration & Re-Engineering
Hurdles in Migration Projects:
- Maintenance problem, complex architecture, difficult to deploy.
- Support certain new platforms as the clients have adopted them as standards
- Technology obsolete, difficult to find resources
- Scalability problems
- Business logic mix-up
- Integration problem with other systems
- Difficult to upgrade the system for new user requirements
Infogile is helping companies in overcoming these challenges successfully. Infogile works as a migration and porting specialist who can take care of cross platform compatibility challenges, while companies stay focused on product innovation. Infogile has specialized skills in this domain and has enabled several technology companies achieve cross-platform compatibility.
Why do you outsource your migration projects
The key features which makes us the best choice for your Offshore Product Development partner are:
Infogile Migration Solution Offerings:
- It is difficult for the companies to invest in cross-platform porting, as it is not their area of core competency.
- Reduced development costs through offshore development and gain a winning edge against competition
- Faster time-to-market for your products
- Infogile's depth of knowledge in Java, Microsoft, and Mobile technologies (Pocket PC, CDPD, GSM, GPRS), Web Services, Integration with back office applications such as MS Exchange and Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, MS Access) have been a decisive factor in Infogile's ability to embryonic its clientage.
- Having executed number of porting and migration assignments, Infogile understand the challenges involved and has strategies and methodologies in place to get the task done successfully.
Assessment services to help you decide to stay, port, build, or buy
Strategy services to select the target environment and plan your migration
Application server migration (e.g. JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere, etc)
J2EE to .NET Migration and vice versa
Web Enabling legacy applications
Database porting (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
Operating System migration (e.g. Solaris, Linux, Windows)
VB.NET to C#.NET/J#.NET and vice versa
Infogile Migration Methodology:
Planning, risk, and requirements analysis
Versioning control and library definition customization
Build system and code migration
Detailed testing and debugging
Infogile's Migration Assessment expertise provides an accurate and timely inventory of all impacted applications, defines migration issues by count and severity, and outlines a delivery plan and a cost model to complete the migration. There are four key steps of the migration strategy: